Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Rachel Held Evans has some thought provoking things to say

I would like you to go to Rachel's blog for a moment and think about what she has to say on our picking which people and sins we like to clobber with spiritual and scriptural verses.

rachelheldevans.com/blog/

I would also like to say she missed a really big set of clobber verses, you can't jump on them all or we will be at the bottom of a landslide, but she missed the clobber verses, which are numerous, on the lack of tithing by God's people. This is called ganging up or pilling on.... and I try to be more gracious and patient and understanding of the challenges of living today.

So I hope you go read Rachel's blog. She has thoughtful things to say. We don't always agree completely, but that is one of the unique and powerful gifts being a John Wesley follower gives us, we can be accommodating and respectful with a difference of opinion when we need to be. With charity/love towards all, if your heart is with my heart, lend me your hand. John would say.

Blessings on your exploring and thinking.

I'll have more to say about our series of sermons later.

Pastor Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment