Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Recovering from Surgery

   Hello travelers in faith. Thank you for your prayers for healing and support, keep them going.

   Healing after surgery is a unique experience for each person, and I am now experiencing my own recovery. The external wounds created for the robotic surgery are healing up nicely, and the pain and discomfort related to those wounds is minimal, Thank God.

   The bodily adjustments to the recovery however, seem to be on their own path all together. I am not a very patient person when it comes to me. I can have patience for others, but wanting me to be complete recovered is going to take longer than I had thought or have the patience for just yet. That's where God comes in asking us to wait upon the Lord to renew our strength. (Isa 40: 30-31) Oh how I wish I were already flying on Eagle's wings.

   But God knows I also need a time out from the other parts of life to be healed and to be prepared for the next stage in my spiritual and ministerial  life. God knows that will take some doing and now I am beginning to see how God will do that. I am waiting and resting and becoming aware in a big way, how much we take for granted and don't even think about.

   Speaking of taking for granted, my wife Elaine has been fantastic through all of this. She is a supreme example of a wonderfully loving wife and a practicer of the art of nursing. She is also juggling a new job and the relationship to that responsibility and at the same time getting her mother adjusted to a new care facility and all the applications that requires. She is a real super trooper, thank God. I know neither of us would want this right now, but God doesn't give us more than we can handle, we just don't think we can handle all that much, and so we get the other half of this equation, that we won't have trouble that God isn't able to help us with. In this case a little of us, a lot of God.

   I'm trying not to overdue anything so I'll let this go for now. Thank you all again for such great support, understanding, love and encouragement. Thanks to for your prayers, now you can direct them for Elaine and for me in recovery.

Blessings

Pastor Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment