Friday, June 18, 2021

I Retire

hello followers of this occasional blog

   I retired on Jan 1, 2021, as a way to help my congregation weather the effects of the Pandemic on it's finances. The generosity of my Pension and Social Security, for reaching such a ripe old age, made it possible to cut my salary way back and help the church. The Bishop granted me six months following my retirement as a special arrangement to help the church come through this Pandemic we know as Covid. A new pastor starts there on July 1.

   I am not ready to stop being a pastor yet, and I have asked for an appointment of some kind going forward. I haven't heard anything yet, so I explore other options just to see what I could do while I wait. It is amazing how the church landscape has been changed by this one year and a half away from our business as usual. God is doing something new for sure. I am waiting to see what God is going to do with me and through me going forward. But waiting is teaching me patience.

   I'm going to post this and I promise I'll get back to you with some of the thoughts going through my head as I go through these last couple of months of winding down, packing up and getting ready for what God has in store for me yet.

   Blessings to you all, I'll be back soon.

Jeff (promising to Blog more)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment